Monday, August 10, 2009

My latest thoughts

For now I have completed a small update for those of you who are following Manny updates, as well as news from Afghanistan. I plow through lot's of different news pieces thanks to my military journalist buddies on twitter most of whom are currently overseas with our Boy's and a few that have been. They have the most current take on what's really going on over there. Great thanks to Milblogging, Camomillan, and Michael Yon to name a few I hope my readers can take the time to read some of the articles I posted today by these guys.

Manny sounded good I could hear the smile on his face... there are rumors that he could be home in November, he said not to get my hopes up though. He said he would be back way before Christmas at the very least. Home in good shape and healthy is all I am looking for, of course the sooner the better, but I will take what I can get! He sends his love and says hi to family and his buds back home! The last mail he received a few days before he called was dated June 24...he did receive a package from his sister Diane thanks he says! They let it stockpile and then get it to these guys when there is a bunch. Disheartening to know that moto mail is not getting to these guys the way it is supposed to, they are moving around everyday and are not readily accessible. So hopefully he will receive our packages and letters and moto mail soon. He needs more socks he goes thru a pair every three days ( I think that means they have to be burned!)
There wasn't enough time to really talk about much, he said he should be able to call again in a week, so possibly this week. It is like Xmas when they get their care pkgs he said. Take care everyone and God Bless to all....

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get that phone call soon. It must be like xmas for you too, when he calls. I'm sure it is discouraging to send packages and mail and they don't get it for quite a while. Just hang in there. Keep us updated.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete