Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Manny Update August 26, 2009!

Manny called last night about 1:45 A.M.! Delighted as always to hear from my son..he just started laughing the minute I answered the phone guess he was happy too! He says that they expect to be in a safe zone (Camp Leatherneck or Camp Bastion in Afghan) by the mid to late Oct or at the very latest beginning of Nov. he expects to be home before Thanksgiving! He said he hoped to be here before my Birthday but I'll take anytime! He sends out shouts to all of his buds "hey"! He also sends all his love to his Dad and all of his sisters.....wanted me to make sure and tell you Dad that he loves you. We have if I am lucky, about 10 minutes on the phone...he wanted to know how I was doing though, didn't want to talk about him anymore always concerned about everyone else. I let him know that Mom was doing great. Maybe life will feel right again when he is home......a huge piece of my heart and soul left to go to Afghanistan in June, I forgot to pack for the trip however.....maybe the next deployment won't be so difficult?
Who am I kidding. So that is the latest guys.....I will update the news portion of my blog today. Keep sending those letters guys he was just getting mail when he called, said he was getting Junes mail (this includes moto mail) as well as newer mail I guess some things got mixed up. I will ask him who's letters he has received John next time I speak to him. I am sure he has received most of your letters. A little birdie(confidential from overseas) has told me that we may be seeing some pics of our boy very soon and his Marine buddies. Let's hope so because I haven't seen anything new lately except what I passed along to you all! God Bless to all and keep those letters and pkgs going over remember pkgs take about 30 days he will need refueling on socks and boxers, food stuff, razors, (fusion) shave cream and yeah don't forget the beef jerky! My friends at Beefjerky.com would never forgive me LOL! He still has months to go! Magazines are a good thing too, you know Manny, Newsweek, stuff like that. Good Bye for now...

1 comment:

  1. What a good feeling your post gave me! I can feel your excitement with each and every phone call. Thanks for updating us.

    Diane

    P.S. How about this bumper sticker:
    The Marine Corps Doesn't Build Character
    It Reveals It

    ReplyDelete