Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Manny Called Wednesday morning!

I wanted to let u all know that Manny called this morning he is doing good he says. He received 2 out of 3 pkgs we sent that means he has his ipod he seemed pretty happy about that! He received another pkg don't know who from I should have asked but didn't...not much time on the phone with him they make them keep it very short. He was not one of the Marines that went into Dahaneh to secure the area yesterday before the elections next week, the taliban had a stronghold over this area. They had 8 hrs of very heavy fighting as the Taliban put up quite a fight, it was the Marines 2/3 Golf who went in. Of course Manny can not tell me anything. I try not to ask questions that would put him at risk. I do know that he is in an area that is a dangerous, high stress area . But what isn't over there? I am leaving a link to the news report on the U.S. Marines 8 hr fight with the Taliban in my link column to the right. I ask God to protect his heart and mind during his time over there. I can only imagine what he has done and what he has seen so far. So keep the letters and pkgs going over to him he needs all he can get from home love, encourgaement and pretzels & BEEF Jerky! I will hear from him again next week and will update u at that time......My prayers are with our Marine men...& all who serve and cover this war for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment