Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Manny Called 5:30 A.M.

Good Morning all...Manny called he sounded great, very anxious to be headed home. They still do not have a firm date. I have added a link to a video from August, 2/8 Echo Co. Manny is living the same, so check it out, these guy's are amazing! As soon as I get word on a cut-off date for packages I will let you know. I forgot to mention, that it is very cold at night for these guy's as the weather is not 120 degrees anymore, at night more like 69 degrees and they are freezing, putting on everything they can to keep warm. I just mailed a fleeced lined sweatshirt hope it gets to him in time to help. Our connection was crappy today hard to hear him very well. He said he was the last person to use the phone today. He made sure to ask for magazines outdoor mags, fitness, trucks (diesel). Sounds like he is low on everything. Oh yeah, he still has the foot ointment and powder so I guess he doesn't need anymore of that! Manny said he really didn't want to ask for anything as he could get by without. So I am not really sure what other stuff he needs besides what I had mentioned in my last weeks post regarding his phone call. It was great to be able to tell my son how much I loved him, I know how much he misses all of us, it is hard for these guys to be away from family and friends for so long. Hard for those of us that Love him, to have him away......God Bless to everyone and Thank You for your letters and care packages to Manny.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Sarah and I stumbled upon your blog while google searching, I took a peek at it and I just wanted to let you know I got word from the family readiness officer and the cut off date for packages is Oct 15th.
    Thought that might help ya out some so you don't send anything and he doesn't get it :-)

    -Sarah

    p.s. My Husband is in Golf Co, I'm not just some random broad, lol

    ReplyDelete